Games Workshop is officially BACK at Candlekeep, and to celebrate, we’re having a painting competition!
To take part, all you need is a single Space Marine figure, some paints and brushes and whole lot of imagination. Whoever wins will have their colour scheme etched into the annals of history, and their paint scheme will become the official Candlekeep Custodians colours!
There are two categories that each model will be entered into.
Category 1: Best Paint Scheme for the Candlekeep Custodians.
This category will be judged by myself (Ian). I will be looking for the model that I feel represents the colours and aesthetic of Candlekeep the best. For this category, please make a note of any important colours used, and their placement.
Category 2: Best Painted Model
This category will be judged purely on the execution of the paint scheme itself, and not necessarily the choice of colours used (although you should still aim to be creating a unique scheme for the chapter). Think of this category as the “Golden Demon” or “Crystal Brush” of Candlekeep, so show us those creamy blends and unique bases! Entries in this category will be judged by guest judge Marcus from Warhammer Store, Peterborough.
- Only one entry per person.
- Each entry must consist of a single, official Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine Miniature. Which era or type of miniature you choose is entirely up to you, but no one gets any extra brownie points for painting a HQ! When selecting your miniature, make sure the pose is able to accurately represent the scheme you design in the best possible light.
- Entries will be judged by photograph. Each entry can consist of up to THREE photographs maximum. Take your time at this point to make sure you show your model to its maximum potential.
- If you submit an entry, and wish to submit new photographs, or a different miniature entirely, this will be allowed up to the closing date of the competition. Rule number 1 still applies.
- All entries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and a preferred method of contact in the event you win in your email.
- Closing date for entries is Thursday, 18th March 23:59pm.
- Both judges will pick a winner. In the event that both judges select the same miniature, a runner up will be chosen from the “Best Painted Model” category to receive the second prize.
- Judges decisions are final.
Need some help?
Take a look at this link if you need some help visualising your design! And don’t forget, you can always drop by the Candlekeep Discord if you want more helpful hints and tips from our amazing online community!