Take part in the Commander Legends 2 Battle for Baldur’s Gate Sealed Event here at Candlekeep
Date : June 28th – 730pm
How It Works
Two-Headed Giant is a fun multiplayer format where two-player teams battle against one another. Each team takes actions as a team rather than individually. There are some rules for Two-Headed Giant that differ from other multiplayer formats:
- Each team has a shared life total that starts at 30 life.
- Each team takes their turn together, meaning they draw as a team, attack as a team, block as a team, and go through all phases of the turn as a team.
- The team that goes first skips their first draw step.
- Teams do NOT share any resources other than life–meaning players can’t share cards in hand or mana. The short way of remembering this is any reference to “you” on cards still means each individual player.
- Teams may share information and strategize together.
- The first mulligan is to seven cards, then each mulligan afterward results in one fewer card (six, five, four etc.).
A teams loses when their life total is 0 or less, when they accumulate fifteen or more poison counters, or when either team member is unable to draw a card from his or her deck. Damage and loss of life happens to individual players, and the effects are applied to the team’s shared life total. For example, once blocks are determined, any unblocked creatures are assigned to deal damage to one of the two players. Afterward, the damage is totalled and subtracted from the team life total.
Effects that read “each opponent” or “each player” affect each team member separately. For example, when Rabid Bloodsucker enters the battlefield, each player would lose 2 life—meaning each team loses 4 total life.
This event will be a 4-pack Sealed event. Before deck construction, you will be paired randomly with another player. Each player will then recieve 4 packs of Draft boosters. Two-Headed Giant games share a card pool and players pool the cards they open and build a 60 card deck each (including commander or commanders).